This outdoor Long Beach eatery (built with repurposed shipping containers!) is a perfect hang-out spot.
Located in Bixby Knolls, this unique Long Beach complex has been the talk of the town since its opening in 2016. Constructed entirely out of shipping containers and sustainable materials, this space is home to several local businesses, including Steelhead Coffee, Seabirds Kitchen, Waffle Love, a Smog City tasting room, and more! SteelCraft also offers live music, community events, and an all-around engaging culinary experience. Gather up your friends and spend the day exploring all of Long Beach's flavors.
Read more about SteelCraft:
- Learn about the design philosophy behind this exciting complex in Bixby Knolls: Craft beer, food will soon be served from shipping containers in Bixby Knolls - Press Telegram
- See why SteelCraft is such an exciting project for area foodies: L.A.'s First Food Court In a Shipping Container Has Smog City, Ramen and Waffles - L.A. Weekly
- Get the scoop on Smog City Brewing: Smog City Heads for Long Beach With New Shipping Container Taproom - L.A. Eater
- Record of SteelCraft's construction via the Long Beach Post: SteelCraft Containers Delivered to Their Long Beach Home Monday; Set to House Waffles, Beer, Ramen and More - Long Beach Post
- Learn how SteelCraft is a part of an important design trend: For Food Vendors, Shipping Containers Are the Perfect Mix of Portable and Permanent - L.A. Magazine