9. What is the weather like on Catalina Island?
The weather on the island stays warm throughout the year, with a climate considered mild subtropical. The water usually hits an average of 70 degrees in August, the warmest off of California’s coast.
10. What is the history of Catalina Island?
- Catalina Island, officially Santa Catalina Island and originally called Pimu by its first inhabitants, has seen many changes over the decades.
- The island has been utilized for purposes as diverse as mining for gold and filming for Hollywood.
- The resort area of Avalon was developed by famed chewing gum industrialist William Wrigley Jr.
No matter how you arrive, how much time you spend, or what you do once you get here, you’ll be happy to have visited Catalina Island. Pack your favorite swimsuit and plan a trip today. Click here to learn more!