Rancho Los Alamitos Historic Ranch And Gardens
6400 East Bixby Hill Road
Long Beach, CA 90815
Rancho Los Alamitos is a place for all time: listed on the National Register of Historic Places twice—as the sacred Gabrielino, or Tongva village of Povuu’ngna and also for its adobe core ranch house c.1800, four acres of lush historic gardens, and the restored barns area that recalls the great ranching heritage of Southern California from the early-mid 20th century. In June 2012, RLA opened a new Rancho Center including a permanent exhibition, theatre and related program facilities that connect 21st century audiences with the powerful story of California, its landscape and its inhabitants throughout time. Meticulous restoration of the barns area brings back the historical character, sights and sounds of the original working ranch, its historic barns, working blacksmith shop, feed shed and corrals. It is also the new home of the Ranch animals— the ducks, chickens, rabbits, and the all-time favorite draft horses. Rancho Los Alamitos is open to the public free of charge, Wednesday through Sunday, 1:00-5:00 p.m. with school tours and cultural workshops scheduled for weekday mornings. The site is owned by the City of Long Beach. It is operated through the leadership and vision of Rancho Los Alamitos Foundation as a public/private cooperative venture under the auspices of the Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Marine. Visit the website at www.rancholosalamitos.org or call (562) 431-3541 for details of special events and additional information about the Rancho.
Contact Name: Pamela Seager
Contact Title: Executive Director- Emeritus
Phone: (562) 431-3541
Fax: (562) 430-9694