Holiday Spirit Arrives at Long Beach Airport
Get into the holiday spirit with us!
Holiday displays cast a festive mood over Long Beach Airport. #MerryLGB
The holiday season is here, and Long Beach Airport (LGB) is feeling the spirit. Our holiday displays, which include Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and Christmas, will be arranged in the Meeter Greeter Plaza, which does not require a boarding pass to access. Lights and a wreath will adorn the historic main terminal.
Our concessions partner, The Paradies Shops, is also spreading good cheer through LGB during this festive season:
- Beginning November 30, limited-time coffee flavors including peppermint mocha, salted caramel mocha and gingerbread latte will be available in the passenger concourse.
- Also, the Treat Our Troops program offers one free entrée and beverage for current and past active duty service men and women with show of military I.D., and will run from Thanksgiving to January 1. For more information on the Treat Our Troops program, click here.
The arrival of the holidays means that air travel is increasing sharply as travelers seek to spend time with friends and family. That means that airports are very busy places, and while Long Beach Airport typically avoids the gridlock and huge crowds that are common elsewhere, there are still many ways to help make your visit to LGB a more easygoing, first-class experience.
- Plan to arrive at Long Beach Airport at least 90 minutes before your flight is scheduled to leave.
- Click here to familiarize yourself with the TSA guidelines on liquids, prohibited items and more.
- LGB has many dedicated, friendly peace and law enforcement and peace officers on hand who are always willing to help. Remember: "If you see something, say something."
- Our partner JetBlue Airways just this week released a fun instructional video about making the security line easier for everyone. Watch it at the bottom of this page.
- If you'd like to share any photos of the decorations on social media during your visit, use the hashtag #MerryLGB to be featured on our accounts.
Parking is available at Lot A, nearest the historic main terminal, for $19 per day and nearby in Lot B for $17 per day. The hourly rate for both garages is $2 per day and Blink electric vehicle charging stations are available in Lot B. Valet parking is available for $24 per day and includes a free car wash. For those who are picking up arriving passengers, parking is free for one hour in the Cell Phone Waiting Lot on the northeast corner of Lakewood Blvd. and Wardlow Road.