Sweepstakes Legal Terms & Conditions
Legal Terms & Conditions for the Long Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau Beach with Benefits Social Sweepstakes
Legal Rules & Restrictions for the General Sweepstakes:
OFFICIAL RULES & CONSUMER DISCLOSURES
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. MAKING A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook. The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are the Long Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, Aquarium of the Pacific, The Queen Mary, Long Beach Airport, Gondola Getaway Inc and JetBlue Airways (collectively "Sponsors"). The Sponsors can be contacted at the below-listed address:
Long Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau: 301 E. Ocean Blvd, Suite 1900, Long Beach, CA 90802
JetBlue Airways Corporation: Attn: Customer Relations, P.O. Box 17435, Salt Lake City, UT 84117-0435
Long Beach Airport: 4100 Donald Douglas Drive, Long Beach, CA 90808
Aquarium of the Pacific: 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
The Queen Mary: 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, CA 90802
Gondola Getaway Inc: 5437 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803
Anthelion Helicopter: 3200 Airflite Way, Long Beach, CA 90807
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia that are 18 years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military Installations. Residents of Florida, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon and Texas will be automatically included in the regional sweepstakes. Employees, including their immediate families and those living in their households, of the Sponsors or their affiliates, defined as business concerns, organizations, or individuals, or their agents, that control each other or that are controlled by a similar third party (collectively, “Affiliates”), sponsors and advertising agencies are ineligible to participate.
4. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY ONLINE. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Sunday, June 14, 2017. Only one entry per eligible participant is permitted. User will get an additional sweepstakes entry for each friend that also signs up. Must use the link provided through Wishpond to get the additional entries. You must provide all information requested on the entry form, including your zip code and State, in order for your entry to be eligible.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. With response to the winning entry, the winner may be required to provide proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and an eligible participant.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. All eligible participants will be placed into a random drawing for the prizes. Sponsors will conduct a random drawing no later than June 21, 2017. Sponsors will notify the winners by phone and email within seven (7) days of selection of the winner, or no later than June 28, 2017. The winners must claim their prizes within ten (10) days of the original notification. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding the prize. All decisions by Sponsors are final, binding and non-appealable. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize in this Sweepstakes shall constitute the winner's consent to Sponsors' use of the winner's name or likeness, city, state, country, photographs, videos, statements made by the winner about the Sweepstakes, Sponsors, and/or prize information for advertising and promotional purposes without further payment, consideration, or prior notification. For more information on Sponsors’ privacy policies and how Sponsors may use information obtained from entrants in online promotion, visit http://www.visitlb.com/beach-with-benefits/beach-with-benefits-summer-sweepstakes-legal/sponsor-privacy-policy. An Affidavit of Eligibility and Release must be signed and returned within ten (10) days of receipt or winner will be disqualified. For a list of the winners, available from July 21, 2017 through October 21, 2017. www.BeachwithBenefits.com
6. PRIZES. The prize will include a roundtrip travel certificate for two (2) on JetBlue Airways*, a three (3) night stay at a long beach hotel, Aquarium of the Pacific General Admission and Behind the Scenes tour for two (2) that will include an exclusive opportunity to meet an animal up close and personal, a Queen Mary Royal Passport for two (2), Gondola Getaway cruise for two (2), a $1,000 Visa® gift card and a dining certificate for Long Beach restaurant (excludes alcohol). The prize packages have a verifiable retail value of $2,891.00. Prize packages will be awarded pursuant to the above schedule, and must be redeemed on or before September 30, 2018.
*JetBlue Travel Certificate Terms and Conditions
Each Travel Certificate is valid for a one-time use for travel booked and flown within the valid dates shown on the Travel Certificate. (In the event that a Travel Certificate does not include dates of validity, the Certificate shall be good for a one-time use for travel booked and flown within one (1) year of the date of issuance). Redeemed travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Blackout dates apply, and travel is capacity controlled. (Flights to/from Caribbean destinations subject to heightened capacity controls.) Schedules are subject to change without notice. Travel Certificates may be redeemed only in accordance with the travel restrictions identified on or in connection with the Certificate. If specific flights or departures/destinations are not identified on or in connection with the Travel Certificate, the Certificate may only be redeemed for flights operated by JetBlue to/from JetBlue cities. (Not all JetBlue cities connect; call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2538) for information on connecting cities.) Travel Certificates are not valid for bookings on partner airlines or code share or interline flights. Travel certificates are also not valid for use in connection with JetBlue Getaways Vacation Packages or Cruises. Each Travel Certificate is transferable; however, at no time may it be purchased, sold, bartered, traded on an auction website or otherwise exchanged for value without prior written consent from JetBlue. Travel Certificates are not redeemable for cash and have no cash value. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage. (See JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage at http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue/legal.pdf for details.)
Passenger is solely responsible for all fees, taxes, surcharges, and service charges for all travel booked using a Travel Certificate. (Taxes and Fees may include, without limitation, Passenger Facility Charges up to $9.00 each way for domestic and international travel; September 11 Security Fees of $2.50 per enplanement at a U.S. airport, up to $5 each way; Federal Segment Taxes of $4.00 per domestic segment; U.S. Arrival/Departure Tax of $16.70 each way for Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands travel; and government taxes and fees up to $329.00 each way for international travel.) Passenger also is solely responsible for fees for oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as unaccompanied minor fees, Even More Space seats, pet fees, in-flight movies, pillows, etc. Passenger must pay all applicable taxes and fees using a major credit card at the time of booking.
Travel Certificates may be redeemed only by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and providing the authorization number and PIN number included on the Certificate. Travel Certificates may not be redeemed at airport ticket counters or online. The authorization number and PIN number cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except as required by law), and JetBlue is not responsible for lost or stolen Travel Certificates, authorization numbers or pin numbers. (Customers will not be able to redeem their Travel Certificate without both the authorization and pin number.) Change and cancellation restrictions and fees may apply. Redeemed travel is not eligible for TrueBlue points. (TrueBlue is JetBlue’s loyalty program.) Additional terms and restrictions apply to all JetBlue flights. See http://www.jetblue.com/traveldeals/FlightsTOC.html for details.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Sponsors estimate the odds of winning will be 1 in 12,600,000 in the General sweepstakes.
8. RESTRICTIONS. The Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternative or other substitution allowed. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, whether in cash or otherwise, if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners must use all overnight stays and attraction admissions during the same 72 or 96 hour visit to Long Beach.
9. CONDITIONS/LIABILITY. All participants must be as defined above. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by and be bound to all Sweepstakes rules, and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in this Sweepstakes by any applicable law, statute, regulation or other appropriate authority. By entering this Sweepstakes, all participants agree to receive on occasion promotional material from the sponsors in the future.
Every effort will be made to ensure completed entry forms are entered in the drawing; however the Sponsors will not be responsible for any entry forms which cannot be processed for technical reasons. Sponsors are not responsible for any late, lost, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Sponsors are not responsible for lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer transmissions or technical failures. Use of any single computer to transmit multiple entries is prohibited. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors. If it is determined that technical difficulties compromised the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right to void entries and/or terminate the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors assume no responsibility if the Sweepstakes is cancelled or rescheduled due to technical difficulties. If the Sweepstakes must be cancelled before the expiration date, a notice will be posted at www.BeachWithBenefits.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. If such an attempt is made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The winners of the prizes are solely responsible for any taxes and other such expenses. Sponsors, their agents, their Affiliates, and their sponsors shall not be responsible for any such expenses.
Sponsors and their Affiliates, officers, employees, agents and all Sweepstakes Sponsors assume no liability either for cancellation or for any reason whatsoever including Force Majeure or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses will have to be borne by the Sweepstakes winner.
The Sweepstakes is subject to and governed by all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. The participants further agree to release Sponsors, their agents, their Affiliates, and their sponsors from any and all liability arising from or related to this Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from Sponsors' website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether material is connected to Sponsors' website by a hypertext link. By receipt of any prize in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their Affiliates, their directors, officers, employees, and agents and all Sweepstakes Sponsors from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from the winner's acceptance or use of the prize or any substitute prize or their participation in this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy from any misuse or malfunction of such prize or substitute prize. Sponsors, their agents, and their Affiliates reserve the right to terminate this Sweepstakes or to modify any rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law.
10. ARBITRATION. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) which can be found at the AAA regional office nearest the participant or at www.adr.org; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at any such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Some restrictions apply. Black-out dates, closures and/or acts of God.